APC-R700 Rat Anti-Mouse CD117
Clone 2B8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name c-KIT; W; SCFR; Stem Cell Factor Receptor; Sl; Steel Factor Receptor; Ssm
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat WI, also known as Wistar (outbred) IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Bone Marrow Mast Cells
- Entrez Gene ID 16590
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing protein stabilizer and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2B8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD117 (c-Kit), a transmembrane tyrosine-kinase receptor that is encoded by the Kit gene (formerly dominant white spotting, W). The c-Kit ligand (also known as steel factor, stem cell factor, and mast cell growth factor) encoded by the Kit1 gene (formerly steel, SI), is a co-mitogen for hematopoietic stem cells, myeloerythroid progenitors and a mast-cell differentiation factor. The KitW and Kit1SI mutant alleles have similar pleiotropic effects on the development of melanocytes, germ cells, and the hematopoietic system. In the adult bone marrow, CD117 is expressed on hematopoietic progenitor cells, including CD90 (Thy-1) low, TER-119-, CD45R/B220-, CD11b (Mac-1)-, Ly-6G (Gr-1)-, CD4-, CD8-, and Sca-1 (Ly-6A/E)+ multipotent hemotopoietic stem cells, progenitors committed to myeliod and/or erythroid lineages, and precursors of B and T lymphocytes. This widespread expression of CD117 in hematopoietic precursors is consistent with the participation of c-Kit and its ligand in the regulation of several hematopoietic lineages. Intrathymic expression of c-Kit and c-Kit ligand suggest that CD117 is also involved in the regulation of some events during the development of T lymphocytes. CD117 is also expressed by mast cells and by dendritic cells found in the periarteriolar lymphocytoc sheaths (T-cell areas) of splenic white pulp. The mAb 2B8 reportedly does not block the action of c-Kit. This clone 2B8 had been reported to cross-react with rat.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.