APC Hamster IgG1, λ1 Isotype Control
Clone G235-2356 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-TNP
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, λ1
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Trinitrophenol-KLH
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The immunogen used to produce the G235-2356 hybridoma was the hapten trinitrophenol conjugated to a protein carrier. The G235-2356 antibody was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background staining on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
Allophycocyanin (APC), is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in blue-green algae. Its molecular weight is approximately 105 kDa. APC has six phycocyanobilin chromophores per molecule, which makes it a very bright fluorochrome that is highly suitable for flow cytometry applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to APC under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free APC were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
This immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched negative control for immunofluorescent staining. An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells for flow cytometry). The APC fluorochrome is excited by laser lines from 595 to 647 nm, and its emission is collected in a detector for fluorescence wavelengths between 640 and 680 nm.