Alexa Fluor® 488 Hamster IgG1, κ Isotype Control
Clone A19-3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Anti-Trinitrophenol (TNP); TNP (Isotype Control Arm)
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Armenian Hamster IgG1, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen TNP-keyhole limpet hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The A19-3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the hapten, trinitrophenol (TNP). TNP is not expressed on human, mouse, or rat cells. The immunoglobulin from clone A19-3 was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background staining on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only.
Alexa Fluor® conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of FITC. However, Alexa Fluor® 488 tends to be brighter and more optimal for intracellular applications. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. Alexa Fluor® 488 exhibits extraordinary photostability, which makes it highly suitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 488 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Although hamster immunoglobulin isotypes have not been well defined, BD Biosciences Pharmingen has grouped Armenian and Syrian hamster IgG monoclonal antibodies according to their reactivity with a panel of mouse anti-hamster IgG mAbs. A table of the hamster IgG groups, Reactivity of Mouse Anti-Hamster Ig mAbs, may be viewed at http://www.bdbiosciences.com/documents/hamster_chart_11x17.pdf.
- Alexa Fluor® 488 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells for flow cytometry).