R718 Rat Anti-Human IL-4
Clone MP4-25D2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin-4; IL4; BCGF-1; BSF-1; Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG1
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Purified Recombinant Human IL-4
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MP4-25D2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to Interleukin-4 (IL-4). IL-4 is also known as Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1, B cell stimulatory factor 1 (BSF-1), or B cell growth factor 1 (BCGF-1). IL-4 is produced by activated T cells, basophils, and mast cells. IL-4 is a multifunctional cytokine and growth factor that affects a variety of different target cell types. IL-4 can costimulate T cell proliferation and survival, as well as help drive Th2-like cell differentiation and effector functions. It costimulates B cell proliferation and survival, and can help B cells differentiate into IgG4- or IgE-producing cells. IL-4 can also diminish the proinflammatory functions of monocytes and macrophages. IL-4 exerts its biological effects by binding with high affinity to cell surface CD124 (IL-4Rα chain). CD124 forms signaling IL-4 receptor complexes with either CD132/common γ chain or CD213a1/IL-13Rα1 to form either Type I or Type II IL-4 Receptor complexes, respectively. The immunogen used to generate the MP4-25D2 hybridoma was purified recombinant human IL-4. This is a neutralizing antibody. The MP4-25D2 antibody has been reported to crossreact with IL-4 from rhesus monkeys. The use of the MP4-25D2 antibody for epitope mapping of human IL-4 has been described.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon Red 718, which has been developed exclusively for BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. BD Horizon Red 718 can be excited by the red laser (628 – 640 nm) and, with an Em Max around 718 nm, it can be detected using a 730/45 nm filter. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700.
BD Horizon™ Red 718 (R718) is a small molecule fluorochrome with an emission max near 718 nm. R718 can be used as an alternative for Alexa Fluor® 700 or APC-R700 on instruments equipped with a red laser (628 – 640 nm) and a 730/45 nm filter. R718 is a bright dye with low non-specific background staining. As such, R718 offers great resolving power on surface and intracellular markers. R718 enables the resolution of low expression markers without having to switch to a tandem dye (APC-R700), which can introduce residual emission and resulting SOV/spread into the APC channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, we do not recommend using R718 in combination with APC-R700 or Alexa Fluor® 700. R718 has been exclusively developed for BD Life Sciences.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unreacted dye was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BD™ CompBeads can be used as surrogates to assess fluorescence spillover (Compensation). When fluorochrome conjugated antibodies are bound to BD CompBeads, they have spectral properties very similar to cells. However, for some fluorochromes there can be small differences in spectral emissions compared to cells, resulting in spillover values that differ when compared to biological controls. It is strongly recommended that when using a reagent for the first time, users compare the spillover on cells and BD CompBead to ensure that BD CompBeads are appropriate for your specific cellular application.