PE Mouse IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone G155-178 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
Flow cytometry, Intracellular staining (flow cytometry), Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen TNP-keyhole limpet hemocyanin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G155-178 clone has an unknown specificity. Trinitrophenol (TNP), the immunogen, is a hapten not expressed on human, mouse, rat or non-human primate cells. In the absence of specific binding, this antibody may bind non-specifically to immunoglobulin Fc receptors. The immunoglobulin secreted by the G155-178 hybridoma was selected as a mouse IgG2a, κ isotype control following screening for low background binding on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The FITC- and PE-conjugated G155-178 immunoglobulins (Cat. No. 554647; No. 554648) are suitable mouse IgG2a isotype controls for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde fixed/saponin-permeabilized rat or human cells for flow cytometric analysis. Use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest (middle panel). For specific methodology, please visit our website, www.bdbiosciences.com and go to the protocols section or the chapter on intracellular staining in the Immune Function Handbook. The intracellular cytokine staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe.