PE Mouse Anti-Human MIP-1β
Clone D21-1351 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Macrophage inflammatory protein 1-beta; CCL4; C-C motif chemokine 4; LAG-1
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Recombinant Human MIP-1β
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The D21-1351 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the human CC chemokine, MIP-1β (macrophage inflammatory protein-1β). Human MIP-1β shares approximately 75% homology with mouse MIP-1β at the amino acid level. Expression of MIP-1β in human peripheral blood cells is induced by proinflammatory and mitogenic stimuli. MIP-1β is a chemoattractant for monocytes and lymphocytes. Human MIP-1β binds to receptors, CCR5 and CCR8. The human MIP-1β gene has been mapped to chromosome 17q11. The immunogen used to generate D21-1351 hybridoma was recombinant human MIP-1β.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
IF/Flow: For immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis, the D21-1351 antibody has been found useful to identify and enumerate MIP-1β producing cells within mixed cell populations. PE Mouse Anti-Human MIP-1β (Cat. No. 550078/561120) is especially suitable for these studies.
A suitable mouse IgG1 isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on paraformaldehyde-fixed/saponinpermeabilized human cells is PE Mouse IgG1, κ Isotype Control (Cat. No. 554680); use at comparable concentrations to antibody of interest (e.g., . 0.5 µg mAb/1 million cells). A useful control for demonstrating specificity of staining is to pre-block the fixed/permeabilized cells with unlabeled D21-1351 antibody (custom order), prior to staining. The intracellular staining technique and use of blocking controls are described in detail by C. Prussin and D. Metcalfe.