Purifed NA/LE Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone OKT3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD3E; CD3e; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon; T3E; TCRE
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry, Activation (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Sheep Erythrocyte Rosette-purified Human T Cells
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the CD3 epsilon subunit (CD3e/CD3ε) of the CD3 complex which consists of four transmembrane proteins (γ, δ, ε, ζ) that are associated with the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) to form the CD3/TCR complex. The CD3 complex associates with either TCR αβ or TCR γδ heterodimers that are alternatively expressed by some thymocytes, T cells or NKT cells. The CD3 complex is required for the cell surface expression and signal-transducing functions of the TCR. The CD3 complex is expressed by ~60-85% thymocytes and by all peripheral mature T cells. CD3e is also known as T3E or TCRE. CD3e is a ~20 kDa unglycosylated type I transmembrane protein that is encoded by CD3E which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). CD3e has an Ig-like extracellular domain (ECD) and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) in its cytoplasmic domain. The OKT3 antibody can reportedly fix complement, stimulate T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and block the binding of other human CD3e-specific antibodies including UCHT1 and SK7.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).