PE Rat Anti-Human CD104
Clone 439-9B (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Integrin β4 chain; Integrin beta 4; ITGB4; GP150; TSP-180
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat F344, also known as Fischer, CDF IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD104 Protein
- Workshop No. V BP480, S247
- Entrez Gene ID 3691
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 439-9B monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD104, integrin β4 chain, a 205 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein, which associates with CD49f (integrin α6 chain) to form the α6/β4 (CD49f/CD104) complex. It is expressed on epithelial cells, Schwann cells, and some tumor cells. The CD49f/CD104 complex is located in the hemidesmosomes of the epidermis, suggesting its role in epidermal cell-basement membrane adhesion. The clone 439-9B was clustered as CD104 at the fifth Human Leucocyte Differentiation Antigen International Workshop. It may be used for immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting and immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.