PE Mouse Anti-Human TIM-3 (CD366)
Clone 7D3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD366; HAVCR2; TIM3; T cell immunoglobulin mucin-3; TIMD-3; KIM-3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human TIM-3
- Workshop No. X
- Entrez Gene ID 84868
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7D3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to T cell immunoglobulin mucin 3 (TIM-3) which is also known as, CD366, or T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-containing protein 3 (TIMD-3/TIMD3). CD366 is encoded by the HAVCR2 gene (Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 2). CD366 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the human TIM family (along with TIM-1 and TIM-4) within the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD366 is expressed on Th1, Tc1, Th17, Treg, NK T, and NK cells. CD366 is also expressed on dendritic cells, mast cells, monocytes, and macrophages. It is not expressed by Th2 and B cells. CD366 helps maintain peripheral immune tolerance and homeostasis. CD366 regulates macrophage activation and is a negative regulator of Th1 cell function. Crosslinking of cell surface CD366 by binding to Galectin-9 and/or phosphatidylserine appears to play an important role in either positively or negatively regulating leucocyte functions, such as cytokine production or the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. CD366 may also be useful as an AML stem cell surface marker because it appears to be more highly expressed by AML leukemia stem cells than by normal bone marrow hematopoietic stem cells.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.