PE Mouse Anti-Human Podoplanin
Clone LpMab-23 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PDPN; T1-alpha; T1A; GP36; GP40; OTS8; T1A2; TI1A; T1A-2; AGGRUS; PA2.26
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Podoplanin Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The LpMab-23 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes a cancer-specific form of human podoplanin. Podoplanin is a 38-44 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by PDPN. This heavily glycosylated mucin type protein is named for its expression on kidney glomerular epithelial cells known as podocytes. Although the podoplanin protein is expressed on a wide variety of cell types in normal tissues (including placenta, lung, skeletal muscle and brain), LpMab-23 recognizes an altered glycosylation pattern that occurs on oral cancer cells and it shows minimal reactivity with the surrounding non-cancerous tissue. In contrast, the LpMab-17 monoclonal antibody recognizes a non-glycosylated epitope of podoplanin on normal and cancer cells. Podoplanin induces platelet aggregation via its three platelet aggregation-stimulating (PLAG) domains; it binds C-type lectin domain family 1 member B (Clec1B, also known as CLEC2); and it is involved in actin cytoskeleton organization and in cellular adhesion and migration. It also plays roles in organogenesis, vascular development, inflammatory diseases, tumorigenesis, and cancer cell motility and metastasis.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.