PE Mouse Anti-Human Invariant NK T Cell
Clone 6B11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C57BL/6 IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Peptide from CDR3 loop of the invariant TCR V24 sequence
- Entrez Gene ID 6955
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Monoclonal antibody 6B11 reacts with a unique determinant in the CDR3 region of the invariant (Vα24-JαQ) TCR chain. Thus 6B11 identifies a subset of all Vα24 positive T cells. The binding of the PE-conjugate of 6B11 can be partially blocked by other antibodies specific for Vα24 (BD Biosciences Pharmingen, data not shown). This invariant chain is expressed on invariant NK T cells, which are a small subset of T lymphocytes that also express other NK cell molecules such as CD161. Invariant NK T cells have been reported to play an immunoregulatory role. The Vα24-JαQ interacts with the CD1d protein. Invariant NK T cells can be specifically activated by CD1d-presented antigen resulting in rapid production of IL-4 and IFN (also known as IFN-γ). Studies of NK T cells describe their role in anti-tumor immunity and autoimmunity.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.