PE Mouse Anti-Human CD235a
Clone GA-R2 (HIR2) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD235ab; CD235a, Glycophorin-A, GYPA, GPA; CD235b; Glycophorin-B, GYPB, GPB
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VII 70299
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The GA-R2 (also known as HIR2) monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD235a and CD235b. CD235a is also known as Glycophorin A (GYPA, GPA, GLPA), Sialoglycoprotein alpha, MN sialoglycoprotein, or PAS-2. CD235b is otherwise known as Glycophorin B (GYPB, GPB, GLPB), Sialoglycoprotein delta, SS-active sialoglycoprotein, or PAS-3. CD235a and CD235b are type I transmembrane sialoglycoproteins that are expressed on human erythrocytes, erythroid precursor cells and certain leukemic cell types. CD235a carries blood group M and N antigens, whereas CD235b contains S, s, and U antigens. This antibody is useful for the identification and characterization of erythrocytes, certain myeloid leukemic cell types, and studies of erythroid cell development and infectious diseases with erythrocyte involvement. Glycophorins may play a role in preventing cell agglutination.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.