PE Mouse Anti-Human CD158b
Clone CH-L (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NK Cells
- Workshop No. VI NK8
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CH-L monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD158b proteins. These proteins are 50-58 kDa type I glycoproteins that belong to the Killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor (KIR) family: (KIR2DL2/L3/S2). They are also known as CD158b1 (KIR2DL2; NKAT-6; p58.2), CD158b2 (KIR2DL3; NKAT-2; p58.2), or CD158j (KIR2DS2; NKAT-5; p50.2). The CD158b molecules are composed of two extracellular Ig-like domains, and a transmembrane region. CD158b1 and CD158b2 also possess long (84 or 76 amino acids, respectively) cytoplasmic tails with two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibition motifs (ITIM) whereas CD158j has a short (39 amino acid) cytoplasmic tail that lacks the ITIM motif. CD158b molecules are expressed on NK cells and subsets of TCR αβ+ cells or TCR γδ+ cells. Ligand- or CH-L antibody-bound CD158b1 or CD158b2 can reportedly inhibit cytolytic NK and T cell responses to various stimuli including certain target cells expressing MHC class I ligands encoded by HLA-C alleles (Cw 1, 3, 7 and 8). CD158j reportedly can enhance some cellular cytolytic responses.
- Format PE
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 578 nm
R-phycoerythrin (PE) is an accessory photosynthetic pigment found in red algae. It exists in vitro as a 240-kDa protein with 23 phycoerythrobilin chromophores per molecule. This makes PE one of the brightest fluorochromes for flow cytometry applications, but its photobleaching properties make it unsuitable for fluorescence microscopy.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with R-PE under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE were removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.