PE-Cy™5 Mouse IgG2b κ Isotype Control
Clone 27-35 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Isotype Control (anti-Dansyl); Anti-Dansyl; Anti-DNS
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Mouse C.SW IgG2b, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This mouse IgG2b, κ isotype control is a monoclonal antibody, clone 27-35, that is specific for the dansyl (5-[dimethylamino] naphthalene-1-sulfonyl) hapten. The dansyl (DNS) hapten is not expressed on human cells or human cell lines. The 27-35 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following testing that demonstrated low background staining on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
- Format PE-Cy™5
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 667 nm
PE-Cy™5 is a tandem conjugate that combines phycoerythrin and a cyanine dye. Because of its broad absorption range and the fact that its emission spectra are equivalent to APC, PE-Cy5 is not recommended for simultaneous use with APC. The Cy5 molecule has been shown to exhibit nonspecific binding to Fc receptors, which is most apparent on monocyte populations. PE-Cy5 is not recommended for fluorescence microscopy because it is subject to photobleaching.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with PE-Cy5 (formerly known as BD Cy-Chrome™) under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-Cy5 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- PE-Cy5 is optimized for use with a single argon ion laser emitting 488-nm light. Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using dual-laser cytometers which may directly excite both PE and Cy5™.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- PE-Cy5 is a tandem fluorochrome composed of R-phycoerythrin (PE), which is excited by the 488 nm light of an Argon ion laser and serves as an energy donor, coupled to the cyanine dye Cy5, which acts as an energy acceptor and fluoresces at 670 nm. BD Biosciences Pharmingen has maximized the fluorochrome energy transfer in PE-Cy5, thus maximizing its fluorescence emission intensity, minimizing residual emission from PE, and minimizing lot-to-lot variation.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- PE-Cy5 tandem fluorochromes have been reported to bind some classes of human macrophages and granulocytes via Fc receptors, and PE has been reported to bind to mouse B lymphocytes via Fc receptors. Preincubation of mouse leukocytes with Mouse BD Fc Block™ purified anti-mouse CD16/CD32 mAb 2.4G2 can reduce the non-specific binding of PE-Cy5-conjugated reagents to mouse B cells. However, PE-Cy5 conjugated reagents should not be used to stain splenocytes of SJL, NOD, and MRL mice as B lymphocytes and/or other leukocytes have been reported to non-specifically stain regardless of the use of Mouse BD Fc Block™ (the CD72c complex has been implicated for PE-Cy5 binding in these strains). Reagents conjugated to PE, PerCP, PerCP-Cy5.5, APC, and APC-Cy7 tandem fluorochrome can be used on leukocytes from these mouse strains.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.