PE-CF594 Mouse Anti-Human TIM-3 (CD366)
Clone 7D3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD366; HAVCR2; TIM3; T cell immunoglobulin mucin-3; TIMD-3; KIM-3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human TIM-3
- Workshop No. X
- Entrez Gene ID 84868
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7D3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to T cell immunoglobulin mucin 3 (TIM-3) which is also known as, CD366, or T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-containing protein 3 (TIMD-3/TIMD3). CD366 is encoded by the HAVCR2 gene (Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 2). CD366 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and belongs to the human TIM family (along with TIM-1 and TIM-4) within the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD366 is expressed on Th1, Tc1, Th17, Treg, NK T, and NK cells. CD366 is also expressed on dendritic cells, mast cells, monocytes, and macrophages. It is not expressed by Th2 and B cells. CD366 helps maintain peripheral immune tolerance and homeostasis. CD366 regulates macrophage activation and is a negative regulator of Th1 cell function. Crosslinking of cell surface CD366 by binding to Galectin-9 and/or phosphatidylserine appears to play an important role in either positively or negatively regulating leucocyte functions, such as cytokine production or the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. CD366 may also be useful as an AML stem cell surface marker because it appears to be more highly expressed by AML leukemia stem cells than by normal bone marrow hematopoietic stem cells.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg, 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.