PE-CF594 Mouse Anti-Human CD126
Clone M5 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Interleukin 6 Receptor alpha chain; IL-6R alpha; IL-6Rα
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen CD126 Recombinant Protein
- Workshop No. VI C63; IX 36
- Entrez Gene ID 3570
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M5 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD126 which is also known as the alpha subunit of the human IL-6 Receptor (IL-6Rα). CD126 is an 80 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as gp80 and B cell stimulatory factor-2 (BSF-2) Receptor. The IL-6Rα subunit associates with the 130-160 kDa gp130 subunit (IL-6 Receptor β chain, CD130), that is shared with the receptor complexes for Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF), Ciliary Neurotropic Factor (CNTF), Oncostatin M (OSM), IL-11, Cardiotropin 1 (CT-1) and possibly Neurotrophin-1/B Cell-Stimulating Factor 3 (NNT-1/BSF-3). The IL-6Rα chain binds IL-6 with low affinity; however the association with CD130 stabilizes the IL-6/IL-6Rα complex resulting in the formation of a high affinity ligand-receptor complex. The IL-6Rβ chain mediates signal transduction. CD126 is expressed at high levels by activated and EBV-transformed B cells, plasma cells and myeloma cells and at lower levels by most leucocytes, epithelial cells, fibroblasts, hepatocytes and neural cells. IL-6Rα exists in soluble form in human serum. The serum levels of soluble IL-6Rα appear to elevate in pathological situations such as multiple myeloma, Grave's disease, juvenile chronic arthritis and HIV. The M5 antibody is directed against an epitope not involved in interactions of CD126 with IL-6 or CD130.
This antibody is conjugated to BD Horizon™ PE-CF594, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to PE-Texas Red®. PE-CF594 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to PE-Texas Red® yet exhibits improved brightness and spectral characteristics. Due to PE having maximal absorption peaks at 496 nm and 564 nm, PE-CF594 can be excited by the blue (488-nm), green (532-nm) and yellow-green (561-nm) lasers and can be detected with the same filter set as PE-Texas Red® (eg 610/20-nm filter).
- Format PE-CF594
- Excitation Source Blue 488 nm,Green 532 nm,Yellow/Green 561 nm
- Excitation Max 496 nm
- Emission Max 612 nm
BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 is a tandem conjugate, developed exclusively by BD Biosciences, that combines PE and CF594. PE-CF594 is a brighter alternative to PE-Texas Red®, with improved spectral characteristics. PE-CF594 reagents exhibit very consistent spillover values lot to lot, making them an ideal choice for the PE-Texas Red® detector (610/20 nm).
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ PE-CF594 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free PE-CF594 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Please observe the following precautions: Absorption of visible light can significantly alter the energy transfer occurring in any tandem fluorochrome conjugate; therefore, we recommend that special precautions be taken (such as wrapping vials, tubes, or racks in aluminum foil) to prevent exposure of conjugated reagents, including cells stained with those reagents, to room illumination.
- Because of the broad absorption spectrum of the tandem fluorochrome, extra care must be taken when using multi-laser cytometers, which may directly excite both PE and CF™594.
- When excited by the yellow-green (561-nm) laser, the fluorescence may be brighter than when excited by the blue (488-nm) laser.
- Texas Red is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- CF™ is a trademark of Biotium, Inc.
- This product is provided under an Agreement between BIOTIUM and BD Biosciences. The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications owned or licensed by Biotium, Inc. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. This product is for research use only. Diagnostic uses require a separate license from Biotium, Inc. For information on purchasing a license to this product including for purposes other than research, contact Biotium, Inc., 3159 Corporate Place, Hayward, CA 94545, Tel: (510) 265-1027. Fax: (510) 265-1352. Email: email@example.com.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.