FITC Rat IgG2a, κ Isotype Control
Clone R35-95 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Vol. Per Test 20 µl
- Isotype Rat LOU, also known as Louvain, LOU/C, LOU/M IgG2a, κ
Isotype control, Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse Pooled Immunoglobulin
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The R35-95 hybridoma was generated by hybridization of Y3 myeloma cells with spleen cells from LOU rats immunized with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 hybridoma produces rat IgG2a, κ immunoglobulin that has no measurable reactivity with mouse immunoglobulins. The R35-95 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following screening for low background binding on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest (e.g., ≤ 1 µg/million cells for flow cytometry).