FITC Mouse Anti-Human CD4
Clone SK3 (also known as Leu3a) (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name L3T4; Leu3a; T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3 ; W3/25 ; CD4 antigen (p55)
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Peripheral Blood T Cells
- Workshop No. I T38; III T140,496
- Entrez Gene ID 920
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SK3 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD4. The CD4 antigen is a 55 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is expressed on T-helper/inducer lymphocytes and monocytes. CD3+CD4+ T cells comprise approximately 28% to 58% of normal peripheral blood lymphocytes. CD4 is also expressed on 80% to 95% of normal thymocytes. The CD4 antigen is present in low density on the cell surface of monocytes and in the cytoplasm of monocytes and macrophages (CD3-CD4+). CD4 serves as a T cell coreceptor for MHC class II antigen recognition and as a receptor for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The SK3 antibody inhibits HIV binding to CD4+ cells.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.