BV786 Mouse Anti-Human CD56
Clone NCAM16.2 (also known as NCAM 16) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name NCAM1; NCAM-1; NCAM; Leu-19; Neural cell adhesion molecule 1; NKH1; MSK39
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Immunoaffinity-enriched adult human brain NCAM
- Workshop No. V NK60
- Entrez Gene ID 4684
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The NCAM16.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD56. It recognizes an extracellular immunoglobulin-like domain common to 120, 140, and 180 kDa forms of CD56, also known as the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), NKH1 or MSK39. The CD56 antigen is expressed on approximately 10% to 25% of peripheral blood lymphocytes. It is present on essentially all resting and activated CD16+ natural killer (NK) lymphocytes and approximately 5% of CD3+ peripheral blood lymphocytes. CD3+ CD56+ T lymphocytes comprise a unique subset of cytotoxic T lymphocytes that mediates non-major histocompatibility complex (MHC)-restricted cytotoxicity. CD56 antigen density on NK lymphocytes increases upon cellular activation. The CD56 antigen is involved in neuronal homotypic cell adhesion and cell differentiation during embryogenesis. CD16+ CD56+ NK cells demonstrate reciprocal transfer of an activation state with dendritic cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy7™-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV786 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV786 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).