BV786 Mouse Anti-Human CD44
Clone G44-26 (also known as C26) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name Phagocytic glycoprotein 1; Pgp-1; H-CAM; Hermes; ECMR III; HUTCH-1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. VI A092
- Entrez Gene ID 960
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The G44-26 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to the 80-95 kDa glycosylated type I transmembrane protein, CD44, also known as phagocytic glycoprotein-1 (Pgp-1). CD44 is the receptor for hyaluronic acid. CD44 is expressed on leucocytes, erythrocytes, epithelial cells and weakly on platelets. CD44 is also called extracellular matrix receptor type III and has functional roles in cell migration, lymphocyte homing and adhesion during hematopoiesis and lymphocyte activation. This antibody recognizes epitope 1 of CD44 antigen according to the HLDA workshop studies.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV786 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV786 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 786 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.