BV786 Mouse Anti-Human CD326
Clone EBA-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name EPCAM; EGP; ESA; GA733-2; hEGP-2; KSA; M4S1; MIC18; MK-1; TACSTD1; TROP1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, λ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Breast carcinoma–associated mucin BCA-225
- Entrez Gene ID 4072
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The EBA-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CD326. CD326 is an approximately 40 kDa type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein and adhesion molecule that mediates intercellular adhesive interactions. CD326 is also known as epithelial adhesion molecule (EpCAM), epithelial glycoprotein 2 (EGP-2), and epithelial surface antigen (ESA). The epithelial cells present in non-squamous epithelia and tumors derived from such cells show EpCAM expression. The normal epithelial cells reactive with anti-EpCAM antibodies are those present in the (lower) respiratory tract; the (lower) gastrointestinal tract; tubules in the kidney; the surface epithelium of the ovary; the exocrine and endocrine pancreas; secondary germ cells of telogenic hair follicles; and secretory tubules of sweat glands in the skin, whereas the epidermis is negative. In addition, all epithelial cells in the thyroid and epithelial cells in the thymus show EpCAM expression, while the outer cortex and Hassall's corpuscles have low expression. In the liver, only the bile ducts appear to be positive with anti-EpCAM antibodies. Non-squamous- carcinoma cells have high EpCAM expression; some squamous carcinoma cells. Tumors arising from non-epithelial cells, such as lymphoma, mesothelioma, neuroblastoma, and melanoma, do not express EpCAM.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV786 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 786-nm. BD Horizon BV786 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™7-like dyes (eg, 780/60-nm filter).
BV786 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 786 nm. BV786 offers a bright choice for the 6th detector off the violet laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV786 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV786 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 711 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).