BV711 Mouse Anti-Human CD7
Clone M-T701 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name GP40; LEU-9; T-cell leukemia antigen; Tp40; TP41
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen P-CLL and Jurkat Cells
- Workshop No. IV T163
- Entrez Gene ID 924
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The M-T701 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD7. CD7 is a 40 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. The CD7 antigen is also known as Leu-9, TP41, Tp40, GP40, and T-cell leukemia antigen. It is expressed on thymocytes, T cells, pre-B cells, and NK cells. CD7 is present in reduced density on monocytic cells and cell lines. Functional studies demonstrate that crosslinking of the CD7 can induce transmembrane calcium flux in T cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV711 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 with an Ex Max of 405-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 711-nm. BD Horizon BV711 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in a filter used to detect Cy™5.5 / Alexa Fluor® 700-like dyes (eg, 712/20-nm filter). Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there may be moderate spillover into the Alexa Fluor® 700 and PerCP-Cy™5.5 detectors. However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BV711 is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BV421 and an acceptor dye with an emission maximum at 711 nm. This dye offers a very bright choice for the violet laser. Due to the excitation and emission characteristics of the acceptor dye, there may be moderate spillover into the Alexa Fluor® 700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 detectors. BV711 will also have moderate spillover into the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet 786 detector.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV711 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV711 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 711 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,455,613; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).