BV510 Mouse Anti-Human CD98
Clone UM7F8 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name SLC3A2; CD98HC; 4F2; 4F2hc; MDU1; NACAE; 4T2HC
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human T-leukemic and Thymic Cell Lines
- Workshop No. V T020; BP420
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
CD98 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of a ~80-85 kDa, type II membrane glycoprotein heavy chain, (CD98hc), and ~40-45 kDa light chain. The UM7F8 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD98hc, which is also known as 4F2 heavy chain antigen (4F2hc). CD98 is broadly expressed on hematopoietic cells, including peripheral blood lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes (low), as well as non-hematopoietic cells, eg, intestinal epithelial cells. CD98 expression is upregulated on activated and proliferating cells. CD98hc is encoded by the SLC3A2 [solute carrier family 3 (amino acid transporter heavy chain), member 2] gene. CD98 reportedly functions in transmembrane amino acid transport and in the regulation of integrin signaling which are involved in the regulation of cellular activation, proliferation, and survival. The UM7F8 antibody is reportedly a functional antibody that can costimulate T cell proliferative responses.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV510 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 510 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).