BV510 Mouse Anti-Human CD3
Clone OKT3 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD3E; CD3e; T-cell surface antigen T3/Leu-4 epsilon; T3E; TCRE
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Sheep Erythrocyte Rosette-purified Human T Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes the CD3 epsilon subunit (CD3e/CD3ε) of the CD3 complex which consists of four transmembrane proteins (ã, ä, å, æ) that are associated with the T cell antigen receptor (TCR) to form the CD3/TCR complex. The CD3 complex associates with either TCR áâ or TCR ãä heterodimers that are alternatively expressed by some thymocytes, T cells or NKT cells. The CD3 complex is required for the cell surface expression and signal-transducing functions of the TCR. The CD3 complex is expressed by ~60-85% thymocytes and by all peripheral mature T cells. CD3e is also known as T3E or TCRE. CD3e is a ~20 kDa unglycosylated type I transmembrane protein that is encoded by CD3E which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). CD3e has an Ig-like extracellular domain (ECD) and an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) in its cytoplasmic domain. The OKT3 antibody can reportedly fix complement, stimulate T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and block the binding of other human CD3e-specific antibodies including UCHT1 and SK7.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 510 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).