BV480 Mouse Anti-Human CD19
Clone SJ25C1 (also known as SJ25-C1) (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B4; B-lymphocyte antigen CD19; Leu-12
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human NALM1 + NALM16 cells
- Workshop No. II L17; III 073
- Entrez Gene ID 930
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SJ25C1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD19, a B lymphocyte-lineage differentiation antigen. CD19, a 90-kDa transmembrance glycoprotein, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed throughout B-lymphocyte development from the pro-B cell through the mature B-cell stages. Terminally differentiated plasma cells do not express CD19. On the surface of mature B cells, the CD19 molecule associates with CD21 (CR-2) and CD81 (TAPA-1), and this multimolecular complex synergizes with surface immunoglobulin to promote cellular activation. Studies with CD19-deficient mice have suggested that the level of CD19 expression affects the generation and maturation of B cells in the bone marrow and periphery. B-1 lineage B cells, also known as CD5+ B cells, are drastically reduced or absent in CD19-deficient mice. Increased levels of CD19 expression correlate with increased frequencies of peritonal and splenic B-1 cells and reduced numbers of conventional B lymphocytes in the periphery. CD19 participates in B-lymphocyte development, B-cell activation, maturation of memory B cells and regulation of tolerance. CD19 has also been detected on peritoneal mast cells, co-localized with CD21/CD35, and it is proposed to play a role in complement-mediated mast-cell activation.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV480 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BV510.
BD Horizon™ BV480 is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 436-nm and Em Max at 478-nm, BD Horizon BV480 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ BV510 (525/40-nm) filter set. BV480 has less spillover into the BD Horizon™ BV605 detector and, in general, is brighter than BD Horizon BV510. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BV480, BV510 and V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV480 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV480 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 480 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).