BV421 Rat Anti-Human CX3CR1
Clone 2A9-1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CCRL1; CMKBRL1; CMKDR1; GPR13; GPRV28; V28; Fractalkine Receptor
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Rat IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CX3CR1 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 1524
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2A9-1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to human CX3CR1, which is also known as chemokine (C-C) receptor-like 1 (CCRL1), Beta chemokine receptor-like 1 (CMK-BRL-1), G protein-coupled receptor 13 (GPR13), or GPRV28 (V28). CX3CR1 is a seven transmembrane G protein coupled receptor that is expressed by NK cells, T cells, and monocytes. The cellular expression of CX3CR1 is correlated with high levels of intracellular perforin and granzyme B. CX3CR1 serves as a receptor for fractalkine (CX3CL1). Fractalkine is a transmembrane chemokine of the CX3C family that is expressed on activated endothelial cells, neurons, and astrocytes. Interaction of CX3CR1 with fractalkine initiates cellular adhesive and chemotactic responses.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Alexa Fluor® 488 Mouse Anti-Human CD3 UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) RUO
100 Tests Cat No: 557694
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).