BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD276
Clone 7-517 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B7-H3, B7H3, 4Ig-B7-H3, B7RP-2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
Immunofluorescence (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Human Monocyte-Derived Dendritic Cells
- Workshop No. VIII 80650
- Entrez Gene ID 80381
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 7-517 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD276, also known as B7-H3 (B7 homolog 3). CD276 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the B7 family of immunoregulatory proteins. Although the CD276 gene transcript is expressed in nearly all normal tissues, the protein is preferentially expressed in tumors, tumor cell lines, sinonasal epithelial cells, and extravillous trophoblast and Hofbauer cells of the placenta. CD276 protein expression can be induced by activation of T and B lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells and antigen-presenting cells. The roles of CD276 in the regulation of immune responses, especially to cancer, are under investigation.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Alexa Fluor®647 Mouse Anti-Human CD3 UCHT1 (also known as UCHT-1; UCHT 1) RUO
100 Tests Cat No: 557706
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Ficoll-Paque is a trademark of Amersham Biosciences Limited.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- FlowJo is a trademark of Tree Star Inc.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).