BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD274
Clone MIH1 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name B7-H1; B7-H; PD-L1; PDL1; PDCD1 ligand 1; PDCD1L1; PDCD1LG1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD274 Transfected Cell Line
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH1 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD274, which is also known as, B7 homolog 1 (B7-H1), Programmed cell death 1 ligand 1 (PDCD1 ligand, PDCD1L1, PDCD1LG1), or Programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1, PDL1). CD274 and PD-L2 (CD273) are type I transmembrane glycoproteins that belong to the B7 family and serve as ligands for CD279 (Program Death 1/PD-1). CD274 is expressed on antigen-presenting cells including activated monocytes/macrophages and dendritic cells, as well as, activated T cells, and keratinocytes. CD274 is also expressed on placental trophoblasts, myocardial endothelium, cortical thymic epithelial cells, and on most carcinomas. CD274 plays an important role in regulating T cell responses. The MIH1 antibody blocks CD279 binding to CD274 and can enhance the proliferation and cytokine production of activated T cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon™ BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon™ BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue™ conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Brilliant Violet™ 421 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.