BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD135
Clone 4G8 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name FLK2; FLT-3; Fms-related tyrosine kinase 3; STK-1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human FLT3 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. VI C-27
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 4G8 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD135 which is also known as FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 (FLT3), Fetal liver kinase 2 (FLK2) and Stem cell tyrosine kinase 1 (STK1). CD135 is a 155-160 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein. It belongs to subclass III of the receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) family which includes receptors for M-CSF (CD115), SCF/c-Kit Ligand (CD117), and PDGF (CD140a and CD140b). CD135 is expressed on multipotential, myelomonocytic and primitive B-cell progenitors. The most primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells express low levels of CD135. CD135 plays the role of growth factor receptor for early hematopoietic progenitors. Reports from studies with knockout mice have shown that targeted CD135 disruption impaired the development of primitive progenitor cells of all hematopoietic lineages with significant impact on lymphopoietic precursors.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.