BV421 Mouse Anti-Human BDCA-2 (CD303)
Clone V24-785 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CLEC4C; DLEC; HECL; BDCA2; CLECSF7; CLECSF11; PRO34150
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human BDCA-2 Recombinant Protein
- Entrez Gene ID 170482
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The V24-785 monoclonal antibody binds specifically to BDCA-2 (Blood Dendritic Cell Antigen 2), also known as CD303. As a member of the C-type lectin (CLEC) superfamily, it is an adhesion receptor that binds to galactose-terminated desialylated glycans on cell surfaces and on serum IgG. In the blood, BDCA-2 is expressed only on plasmacytoid dendritic cells (pDC). TLR-9 mediates the production of large amounts of IFN-α and IFN-β by activated pDC, and crosslinking of BDCA-2 inhibits that response.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BV421 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349).