BUV737 Mouse Anti-Human CD5
Clone UCHT2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD5 antigen (p56-62); T1; Tp67; LEU1; Lymphocyte antigen T1/Leu-1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human T cells
- Workshop No. I T4; III T094, T518
- Entrez Gene ID 921
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD5. CD5 is a 67 kDa single-chain, type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, the majority of peripheral T lymphocytes and a subpopulation of B cells. CD72 has been shown to be the natural ligand for CD5. CD5+ B cells produce polyreactive antibodies (mostly IgM).
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BUV737 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 737-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV737 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 740/35 filter. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into channels detecting Alexa Fluor® 700-like dyes (e.g., 712/20-nm filter).
Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BUV737 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different BUV737 reagents (e.g., CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
BUV737 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 737 nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover in to channels detecting Alexa Fluor® 700 like dyes (for example, 712/20-nm filter). BUV737 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV737 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon BUV737 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.