BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD62L
Clone SK11 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name L-selectin; LECAM-1; SELL; LNHR; LSEL; LAM-1; LEU8; PLNHR; TQ-1; MEL-14
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Peripheral Blood T Lymphocytes
- Workshop No. V S059
- Entrez Gene ID 6402
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The SK11 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD62L which is also known as, L-selectin, Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesion molecule 1 (LECAM1/LECAM-1), Leukocyte adhesion molecule 1 (LAM1/LAM-1), Lymph node homing receptor (LNHR), Leu-8, or TQ1. CD62L is an ~80 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Selectin/LECAM family. CD62L is differentially expressed on T cells, B cells, monocytes, granulocytes, and a subset of NK cells. The CD62L molecule is the human homolog of the mouse lymph node homing receptor, MEL-14. CD62L plays a role in leucocyte binding to inflamed endothelium and extravasation, as well as mediating lymphocyte homing into peripheral lymphoid tissues through high endothelial postcapillary venules. Soluble CD62L can result from the proteolytic cleavage of cell surface CD62L during cellular activation or inflammation.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (e.g. 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.