BB515 Mouse Anti-Human CD28
Clone CD28.2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD28 antigen; T44; Tp44; TP44
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C3H x BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD28 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. V 5T CD28.05
- Entrez Gene ID 940
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The CD28.2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD28, a 44 kDa homodimeric transmembrane glycoprotein present on most mature T cells, thymocytes and plasma cells. CD28 is a costimulatory receptor that binds CD80 and CD86 as ligands and plays a very important role in T cell-B cell interactions. It has been suggested that CD28 initiates and regulates a separate and distinct signal transduction pathway from those stimulated by the TCR complex. Additionally, it has been reported that CD28 antibody clones vary in their ability to stimulate T cells to produce IL-2 and increase intracellular Ca2+ concentration. This finding suggests the existence of functionally distinct subregions on the CD28 molecule. CD28.2 has been demonstrated to bind to the same molecule as clone L293, another CD28 mAb, and has been reported to induce Ca2+ influx in Jurkat T cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon BB515 which was developed exclusively by BD Biosciences. With an excitation max of 490 nm and an emission max of 515 nm, BD Horizon BB515 can be excited by the 488 nm laser and detected in a standard FITC set (eg, 530/30-nm filter). This dye provides a much brighter alternative to FITC with less spillover into the PE detector.
BB515 is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to FITC. This dye is up to seven times brighter than FITC and has less spillover into the PE channel. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BB515, FITC, and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BB515 under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The manufacture, use, sale, offer for sale, or import of this product is subject to one or more patents or pending applications. This product, and only in the amount purchased by buyer, may be used solely for buyer’s own internal research, in a manner consistent with the accompanying product literature. No other right to use, sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product, or (b) its components is hereby granted expressly, by implication or by estoppel. Diagnostic uses require a separate license.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- This product is sold under license. Purchase of this product does not include rights to (i) incorporate this product into the purchaser's own products for resale to end-users, or (ii) use this product to conduct for-profit research for or on behalf of another party. For information on obtaining a license to this product for such prohibited uses, contact INSERM, 7 rue Watt, 75013 Paris. Telephone: +33 1 55 03 01 60. Facsimile: +33 1 55 03 01 18. Email: email@example.com
For optimal results, it is recommended to perform 2 washes after staining with antibodies. Cells may be prepared, stained with antibodies and washed twice with wash buffer per established protocols for immunofluorescent staining, prior to acquisition on a flow cytometer. Performing fewer than the recommended wash steps may lead to increased spread of the negative population.