APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD8
Clone HIT8a (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD8α; CD8A; CD8 alpha; Leu2a; MAL; T8; p32
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Workshop No. V 5T-CD08.10
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIT8a monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD8a (CD8α). CD8α is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein and a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD8α is expressed by the majority of thymocytes, by subpopulations of αβ T cells and γδ T cells and by some NK cells. Cell surface CD8α is expressed either as a disulfide-linked homodimer (CD8αα) or as a heterodimer (CD8αβ) when disulfide-bonded to a CD8 beta chain (CD8β). CD8-positive αβ T cells coexpress both CD8αα homodimers and CD8αβ heterodimers whereas some γδ T cells and NK cells express CD8αα homodimers. CD8 plays important roles in T cell activation and selection. The extracellular IgSF domain of CD8α binds to a non-polymorphic determinant on HLA class I molecules (α3 domain) and enables CD8 to function as a co-receptor with MHC class I-restricted TCR during T cell recognition of antigen. The cytoplasmic domain of CD8α associates with Lck, a Src family protein tyrosine kinase that is involved in intracellular signaling. Clones HIT8a and RPA-T8 are not cross-blocking.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody and free dye were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.