APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD5
Clone UCHT2 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD5 antigen (p56-62); T1; Tp67; LEU1; Lymphocyte antigen T1/Leu-1
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human T cells
- Workshop No. I T4; III T094, T518
- Entrez Gene ID 921
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The UCHT2 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD5. CD5 is a 67 kDa single-chain, type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, the majority of peripheral T lymphocytes and a subpopulation of B cells. CD72 has been shown to be the natural ligand for CD5. CD5+ B cells produce polyreactive antibodies (mostly IgM).
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.