APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD4
Clone OKT4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name CD4 antigen (p55); T-cell surface antigen T4/Leu-3
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Sheep Erythrocyte Rosette-purified Human T Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The OKT4 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD4 which is also known as T4 and Leu-3. CD4 is expressed on most thymocytes, T-helper/inducer cells, regulatory T cells (Tregs), and NKT cells. It is also variably expressed on monocytes, macrophages, and some dendritic cells. CD4 is a ~55 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is encoded by CD4 which belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily (IgSF). CD4 binds to a nonpolymorphic region of MHC class II and serves as a coreceptor, along with the T cell receptor for antigen (TCR), for the MHC Class II-restricted recognition of antigens on antigen-presenting cells. CD4 also functions as a receptor for human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV). CD4 has four immunoglobulin-like extracellular domains in its extracellular region and a CXCP binding motif for p56Lck in its cytoplasmic domain which regulates the antigen-bound TCR-induced signaling cascade.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to the dye under optimum conditions and unconjugated antibody and free dye were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.