APC-R700 Mouse Anti-Human CD196 (CCR6)
Clone 11A9 (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name BN-1; C-C CKR-6; C-C chemokine receptor type 6; CC-CKR-6; CCR-6
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Rhesus, Cynomolgus, Baboon (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human CD196/CCR6 Peptide
- Workshop No. IX 48
- Entrez Gene ID 1235
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA, protein stabilizer, glycerol and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 11A9 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD196, which is also known as CCR6. CCR6 is a seven-transmembrane, G-protein-coupled, glycoprotein receptor that is a member of the beta chemokine receptor family. The human CCR6 gene has been mapped to chromosome 6q27. CCR6 is a receptor for the CC chemokine CCL20/MIP-3alpha/LARC/Exodus and also binds with lower affinity to and mediates responses to beta-defensin2/hBD-2. CCR6 is predominantly expressed by B lymphocytes, certain subsets of effector and memory T cells and by immature dendritic cells but not by monocytes, NK cells, or granulocytes. Skin-homing CLA (Cutaneous Lymphocyte Antigen)-positive memory T cells, Th1 cells, regulatory T cells and IL-17A-producing Th17 cells predominantly express high levels of CCR6. CCR6 mediates the trafficking of T, B, and dendritic cells to epithelial sites near the skin and mucosal surfaces during inflammatory and immunological responses. An N-terminal peptide of human CCR6 was used as an immunogen to generate the 11A9 hybridoma. The 11A9 antibody does not cross-react with human CCR1, CCR2, CCR3, CCR4, CCR5, CCR7, CCR8, CCR9, CXCR1, CXCR2, CXCR3, CXCR4 and CXCR5 receptors. This antibody is NOT a neutralizing antibody.
This antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon APC-R700, which has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a better alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. APC-R700 excites and emits at similar wavelengths to Alexa Fluor® 700 yet exhibits significantly improved brightness. This dye can be excited by the red laser and detected with the same filter set as Alexa Fluor® (eg, 730/45-nm filter).
APC-R700 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines APC with R700, a proprietary organic dye. This dye has been developed exclusively by BD Biosciences as a brighter alternative to Alexa Fluor® 700. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, APC-R700 and Alexa Fluor® 700 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon APC-R700 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon APC-R700 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Species testing during development may have been performed with a different format of the same clone. Selected applications have been tested for cross-reactivity.
For the best staining of CD196 with the 11A9 antibody, BD Pharm Lyse™ Lysing Buffer (Cat. No. 555899) is strongly recommended.