Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse IgG2b, κ Isotype Control
Clone 27-35 27-35 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name Isotype Control (anti-Dansyl); Anti-Dansyl; Anti-DNS
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse C.SW IgG2b, κ Mouse C.SW IgG2b, κ
Flow cytometry, Isotype control, Flow cytometry, Isotype control (Routinely Tested)
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
This mouse IgG2b, κ isotype control is a monoclonal antibody, clone 27-35, that is specific for the dansyl (5-[dimethylamino] naphthalene-1-sulfonyl) hapten. The dansyl (DNS) hapten is not expressed on human cells or human cell lines. The 27-35 immunoglobulin was selected as an isotype control following testing that demonstrated low background staining on a variety of mouse and human tissues.
This antibody is routinely tested by flow cytometric analysis. Other applications were tested at BD Biosciences Pharmingen during antibody development only or reported in the literature.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Preparation and Storage
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
Immunofluorescent Staining and Flow Cytometric Analysis: The Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugated R35-95 immunoglobulin (Cat. No. 557903) is a suitable mouse IgG2b κ isotype control for assessing the level of background staining on rat or human cells for flow cytometric analysis. An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.