Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Human CD279 (PD-1)
Clone MIH4 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name PD1; hPD-1; hPD-l; PDCD1; PDC1; Programmed cell death 1; SLEB2
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human PD-1 Transfected Cell Line
- Workshop No. IX 37
- Entrez Gene ID 5133
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The MIH4 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to CD279, which is also known as, Programmed cell death 1 (PD-1). CD279 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig superfamily. CD279 is an immunoregulatory receptor that is expressed on expressed on subsets of thymocytes, activated T cells, B cells and myeloid cells. CD279 contains an immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) in its cytoplasmic region. CD273 (PD-L2) and CD274 (PD-L1) are ligands of CD279 and are members of the B7 gene family. Interaction of CD279 with its ligands results in inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine secretion. CD279 may play roles in supporting self-tolerance, reducing autoimmunity, or promoting T cell exhaustion associated with certain diseases.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- This product is provided under an intellectual property license between Life Technologies Corporation and BD Businesses. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer the non-transferable right to use the purchased amount of the product and components of the product in research conducted by the buyer (whether the buyer is an academic or for-profit entity). The buyer cannot sell or otherwise transfer (a) this product (b) its components or (c) materials made using this product or its components to a third party or otherwise use this product or its components or materials made using this product or its components for Commercial Purposes. Commercial Purposes means any activity by a party for consideration and may include, but is not limited to: (1) use of the product or its components in manufacturing; (2) use of the product or its components to provide a service, information, or data; (3) use of the product or its components for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes; or (4) resale of the product or its components, whether or not such product or its components are resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for any other use, contact Life Technologies Corporation, Cell Analysis Business Unit Business Development, 29851 Willow Creek Road, Eugene, OR 97402, USA, Tel: (541) 465-8300. Fax: (541) 335-0504.
- Please refer to http://regdocs.bd.com to access safety data sheets (SDS).
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.