BUV496 Mouse Anti-Human CD31
Clone WM59 (also known as WM-59) (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name EndoCAM; GPIIA'; PECA1; PECAM1; Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Workshop No. V P025
- Entrez Gene ID 5175
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The WM59 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1, (PECAM-1, PECAM1), which is also known as GPIIA', or EndoCAM. CD31 is a 130 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the Ig gene superfamily. CD31 has wide tissue distribution and is expressed on platelets, monocytes, granulocytes, NK cells, T cell subsets, and in high amounts on endothelial cells. CD31 functions as a vascular endothelial cell adhesion molecule and is involved in the transendothelial migration of leucocytes in inflammatory responses. It might be involved in thrombosis, angiogenesis, and wound healing. The WM59 appears to recognize an epitope proximal to extracellular domain 2 of CD31.
Clone WM59 also cross-reacts with peripheral blood platelets and leukocytes of baboon, and both rhesus and cynomolgus macaque monkeys. The staining intensity of WM59+ platelets is similiar to that observed with peripheral blood platelets from normal human donors. Lymphocytes, monocytes, and granulocytes react less with WM59 than normal human leukocytes.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV496 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 496-nm. BD Horizon BUV496 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 515/30 nm filter with a 450LP. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into the channel detecting BD Horizon V500 or BV510 (eg, 525/40-nm filter). However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BD Horizon™ BUV496 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 496 nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into the channel detecting BD Horizon V500 or BV510 (for example, 525/40-nm filter). BUV496 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV496 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 496 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; and 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 496 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794/566349) or the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer Plus (Cat. No. 566385).