FITC Mouse Anti-Human Disialoganglioside GD2
Clone 14.G2a (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name GD2; Disialoganglioside GD2; Ganglioside GD2
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Gangliosides are sialic-acid bearing glycolipids that are expressed on the surface of all mammalian cells, and are likely involved in mediating cell-substratum interactions. They are important target antigens for antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) of human melanoma and neuroblastoma cells. Human melanoma cells produce gangliosides, designated as GD2 and GD3 which are deposited in the subtratum-attached material, and may play a significant role in the melanoma metastatic phenotype. Clone 14.G2a specifically reacts with human and mouse GD2 ganglioside. LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells were used as immunogen. Clone 14.G2a is an isotype switch variant selected from the parental IgG3-producing hybridoma 14.18 and has identical reactivity as the parental antibody. Clone 14.G2a is routinely tested by flow cytometry using M21 human melanoma cells.
FITC, fluorescein isothiocyanate, is a fluorochrome with a molecular weight of 389 Da. FITC is sensitive to pH changes and photobleaching. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, FITC and Alexa Fluor® 488 cannot be used simultaneously. FITC is relatively dim and should be reserved for highly expressed markers whenever possible.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Download TDS||Regulatory Document Website|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with FITC under optimum conditions, and unreacted FITC was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
BD Pharmingen™ FITC Mouse Anti-Human Disialoganglioside GD2 is recommended for staining cells that express relatively high levels of Disialoganglioside GD2 such as certain tumor cells. It is not recommended for staining cells that express low levels of Disialoganglioside GD2 such as stem cells.