BV510 Mouse Anti-Human Disialoganglioside GD2
Clone 14.G2a (RUO)
- Brand BD Horizon™
- Alternative Name GD2; Disialoganglioside GD2; Ganglioside GD2
- Vol. Per Test 5 µl
- Isotype Mouse BALB/c IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing BSA and ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Gangliosides are sialic-acid bearing glycolipids that are expressed on the surface of all mammalian cells, and are likely involved in mediating cell-substratum interactions. They are important target antigens for antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) of human melanoma and neuroblastoma cells. Human melanoma cells produce gangliosides, designated as GD2 and GD3 which are deposited in the subtratum-attached material, and may play a significant role in the melanoma metastatic phenotype. Clone 14.G2a specifically reacts with human and mouse GD2 ganglioside. LAN-1 human neuroblastoma cells were used as immunogen. Clone 14.G2a is an isotype switch variant selected from the parental IgG3-producing hybridoma 14.18 and has identical reactivity as the parental antibody. Clone 14.G2a is routinely tested by flow cytometry using M21 human melanoma cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV510 which is part of the BD Horizon™ Brilliant Violet™ family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 405-nm and Em Max at 510-nm, BD Horizon™ BV510 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the BD Horizon™ V500 (525/50-nm) filter set. BD Horizon™ BV510 conjugates are useful for the detection of dim markers off the violet laser.
BV510 is a polymer-based dye that is brighter than BD Horizon V500. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BV510 and BD Horizon V500 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon™ BV510 under optimum conditions, and unconjugated antibody and free BD Horizon™ BV510 were removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- Source of all serum proteins is from USDA inspected abattoirs located in the United States.
- Brilliant Violet™ 510 is a trademark of Sirigen.
- Accutase is a registered trademark of Innovative Cell Technologies, Inc.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.