Alexa Fluor® 647 Rat Anti-Mouse S100A9 (MRP-14)
Clone 2B10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name S100a9; MRP-14; Calgranulin-B; GAGB; Cagb; BEE22; L1Ag; 60B8Ag; AW546964
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry) (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Mouse S100A9 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2B10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to S100 calcium-binding protein A9 (S100A9), which is also known as Migration inhibitory factor-related protein 14 (MRP-14) or Calgranulin-B (CAGB). S100A9 is a member of the S100 family of calcium and zinc binding proteins. S100A9 is predominantly expressed in myeloid cells, such as, neutrophils and monocytes. It is one of the most abundant proteins expressed in myeloid cells. Similar to other S100 family of proteins, S100A9 functions as a calcium sensor and may enhance the chemotaxis and proinflammatory response of monocytes and neutrophils.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.