BV421 Rat Anti-Mouse RANKL/TRANCE
Clone IK22-5 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name TRANCE; TRANCEODF; OPGL; sOdf; CD254; OPTB2; hRANKL2
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat IgG2a
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Mouse recombinant RANKL
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The IK22-5 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes CD254, which is also known as, Receptor Activator of NF-kB Ligand (RANKL), TNF-Related Activation-Induced Cytokine Receptor (Trance), Osteoprotegerin Ligand (OPGL), or Osteoclast Differentiation Factor (ODF). CD254/RANKL is likewise known as Tnfsf11, a member of the tumor necrosis factor family. RANKL has been implicated in interactions between T cells and dendritic cells. RANKL binds to RANK expressed on dendritic cells and upregulates the expression of anti-apoptotic protein BcL-XL suggesting a role in dendritic cell survival. RANKL is also important in T- and B-cell maturation. RANKL can both activate mature osteoclasts and mediate osteoclastogenesis. OPGL-deficient mice show severe osteoporosis and complete absence of osteoclasts as a result of lack of osteogenesis. It is expressed abundantly by mouse activated T cells, not B cells. It is also expressed on osteoclasts.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Print TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).