BV421 Mouse Anti-Human CD44v6
Clone 2F10 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name CD44v6; CD44 v6; CD44 containing exon v6
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Recombinant human CD44v3-10 Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 2F10 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes exon v6-containing isoforms of the CD44 adhesion receptor (CD44v6). CD44 is a widely-expressed, 85-250 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that regulates cellular adhesion, growth, and migration and is involved in cell-cell interactions. CD44 is a member of the hyaladherin family of hyaluronan-binding proteins. It serves as a multifunctional receptor for hyaluronic acid and other ligands including collagens, fibronectin, matrix metalloproteinases, and osteopontin. The standard form of CD44 (CD44s) contains an extracellular region with a hyaluronan-binding link domain and a stem region devoid of variable exon sequences that are followed by a transmembrane domain and a cytoplasmic tail. The cytoplasmic region is linked to the cytoskeleton and may be involved in signaling interactions. Alternative splicing of CD44 gene transcripts results in the differential inclusion of 10 variant exons (v1-10) within the stem region, either individually or in multiple combinations. This results in a large number of variant CD44 (CD44v) isoforms with different cell surface expression levels and functions. CD44 isoforms containing exon v6 (CD44v6) are variably expressed on epithelial cells, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells. It is expressed on certain tumor cells and on cancer stem cells (CSCs) and is implicated in tumor cell metastasis. In addition to playing roles in cellular adhesion and migration, CD44 isoforms with exon v6 sequences may serve as coreceptors for some growth factors and cytokines including hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) which is involved in driving c-Met signaling.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BV421 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Violet family of dyes. With an Ex Max of 407-nm and Em Max at 421-nm, BD Horizon BV421 can be excited by the violet laser and detected in the standard Pacific Blue™ filter set (eg, 450/50-nm filter). BD Horizon BV421 conjugates are very bright, often exhibiting a 10 fold improvement in brightness compared to Pacific Blue conjugates.
BV421 is a polymer-based dye excited by the violet laser and is one of the brightest fluorochromes offered by BD Biosciences. Conjugates are typically 10 times brighter than Pacific Blue™ conjugates and are often as bright as or brighter than PE conjugates. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, BD Horizon BV421, Pacific Blue™, and BD Horizon™ V450 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BV421 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Violet 421 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,158,444; 8,362,193; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- Pacific Blue™ is a trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).