BUV661 Mouse Anti-Rat Marginal Zone B Cells
Clone HIS57 (RUO)
- Brand BD OptiBuild™
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Rat Splenic B Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The HIS57 monoclonal antibody reacts with an unknown antigen that is highly expressed by most marginal zone B (MZ-B) cells in the spleen. In contrast, this antigen is weakly expressed, or not expressed at all, by other B-cell subpopulations. Rat MZ-B cells express low levels of CD45R (mAb HIS24) and sIgD and high levels of sIgM. The HIS57 mAb does not stain granulocytes and thymocytes. Immunohistochemical staining of normal spleen sections with HIS57 mAb produced a positive signal in the marginal zone and, to a lesser extent, in B-cell follicles. This marker can be used in combination with CD45R, sIgD, and sIgM t0 identify MZ-B cells in the rat.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV661 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 661-nm. BD Horizon Brilliant BUV661 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 670/25 filter and a 630 nm LP. Due to cross laser excitation of this dye, there may be significant spillover into channels detecting APC-like emissions (eg, 670/25-nm filter).
Due to spectral differences between labeled cells and beads, using BD™ CompBeads can result in incorrect spillover values when used with BD Horizon BUV661 reagents. Therefore, the use of BD CompBeads or BD CompBeads Plus to determine spillover values for these reagents is not recommended. Different BUV661 reagents (eg, CD4 vs. CD45) can have slightly different fluorescence spillover therefore, it may also be necessary to use clone-specific compensation controls when using these reagents.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV661 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 661 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).