BUV496 Mouse Anti-Mouse Vβ 8 T-Cell Receptor
Clone F23.1 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name TCR V beta 8; TCR V beta 8.1/8.2/8.3
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse C57L IgG2a, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen BALB.B Mouse Lymph-Node and Spleen T Cells
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The F23.1 antibody specifically reacts with the Vβ 8.1, Vβ 8.2, and Vβ 8.3 T-cell receptors (TCR) of mice having the b haplotype (e.g., A, AKR, BALB/c, CBA/Ca, CBA/J, C3H/He, C57BL, C58, DBA/1, DBA/2) of the Tcrb gene complex. The Tcrb-V8 subfamily gene loci are deleted in mice having the a (e.g., C57BR, C57L, SJL, SWR) or c (e.g., RIII) haplotype. Vβ 8.1 TCR-bearing T lymphocytes are clonally eliminated in mice expressing superantigen coded by Mtv-7 (Mls-1a, Mlsa) provirus (e.g., AKR, CBA/J, C58, DBA/2), and activation or elimination of Vβ 8.1 TCR-expressing T cells by this determinant is partially dependent upon presentation by I-E. Mtv-43 and/or exogenous MMTV-SW superantigens also cause incomplete elimination of Vβ 8.1 TCR-bearing T cells. In addition to expression on conventional T lymphocytes, Vβ 8.2 is the predominant β chain of the TCR on NK-T cells. Staphylococcal enterotoxin B, in association with antigen-presenting cells expressing I-A and/or I-E, stimulates lymphocytes bearing Vβ 8 TCR and selectively eliminates those T cells in vivo. Soluble and plate-bound F23.1 antibody activates Vβ 8 TCR-bearing T cells, soluble antibody blocks cytolysis mediated by Vβ 8 TCR-bearing cytotoxic T lymphocytes, and in vivo treatment of neonatal mice can arrest intrathymic maturation of Vβ 8 TCR-bearing T cells.
The antibody was conjugated to BD Horizon™ BUV496 which is part of the BD Horizon Brilliant™ Ultraviolet family of dyes. This dye is a tandem fluorochrome of BD Horizon BUV395 with an Ex Max of 348-nm and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 496-nm. BD Horizon BUV496 can be excited by the ultraviolet laser (355 nm) and detected with a 515/30 nm filter with a 450LP. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into the channel detecting BD Horizon V500 or BV510 (eg, 525/40-nm filter). However, the spillover can be corrected through compensation as with any other dye combination.
BD Horizon™ BUV496 is a tandem fluorochrome that combines BD Horizon BUV395 and an acceptor dye with an Em Max at 496 nm. Due to the excitation of the acceptor dye by other laser lines, there may be significant spillover into the channel detecting BD Horizon V500 or BV510 (for example, 525/40-nm filter). BUV496 has been exclusively developed by BD Biosciences for instruments equipped with a 355-nm UV laser.
Suggested Companion Products
|Resources & Tools|
|Spectrum Viewer||Panel Designer||Spectrum Viewer||Regulatory Document Website||Print TDS|
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BUV496 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Ultraviolet 496 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,227,187; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).