BB700 Mouse Anti-Human CD171
Clone 5G3 (RUO)
BD OptiBuild custom reagents make BD Horizon Brilliant™ dyes readily available across a wide selection of cell surface antibodies. Learn more about what makes BD OptiBuild reagents unique Learn more at bdbiosciences.com/go/optibuild
- Alternative Name L1 Neurite Cell Adhesion Molecule; N-CAM-L1; L1CAM ; CAML1; MIC5
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2a
- Reactivity Human (Tested in Development)
Flow cytometry (Qualified)
- Immunogen Human SK-N-AS Neuroblastoma Cell Line
- Workshop No. VII 70700
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
Neurite adhesion molecule L1 has been implicated in neuron-neuron and neuron-Schwann cell adhesion in vertebrates. L1-like molecules, found in mouse, rat, chicken, and human, promote axonal elongation and may also play a role in regeneration of axons after injury. Molecular cloning data suggest 87% amino acid identity between mouse and human L1 molecules. 5G3 antigen (Ag), originally defined by monoclonal antibody 5G3, is considered to be the human homologue of mouse L1. The 5G3 antibody was developed against a human neuroblastoma cell line to use as a probe for the elucidating the biological characteristics of neuroblastoma. 5G3 specifically recognizes a neuroblastoma target glycoprotein antigen of 215 kDa and its 200 kDa precursor. The 215 kDa molecule is expressed on the cell surface; whereas the 200 kDa precursor is shed from the cell surface. The 215 and 200 kDa species also differ in their posttranslational modification patterns. The 5G3 antibody has been used as a marker for neuroblastoma, and to purify 5G3 Ag from normal adult human brain.
The antibody recognizes human L1 on human neuroblastoma cell lines and tissues. Reactivity has been tested on a variety of malignant and normal tissues. Squamous lung, squamous skin, and osteogenic sarcoma cell lines were positive, as were two out of eight melanoma cell lines tested. A variety of other cell lines and tumor tissues tested negative. 5G3 did not react with either T or B lymphoblastoid cell lines or a fibroblast cell line. Among all the normal tissues tested, mAb 5G3 reacted only with cerebellum.
The molecular masses observed using mAb 5G3 may vary among immunoprecipitation isolates. In normal human cerebellum, 5G3 Ag migrated as a 190/200 kDa doublet, 140 kDa band with minor bands at 80 and 65 kDa. 5G3 Ag isolated from SK-N-AS cells migrates as 200 to 215 kDa bands, or as a diffuse band ranging from 200 to 215 kDa. Additional bands have been described at 140 to 150 kDa in SK-N-AS cells. Only the 200 kDa band has been detected in culture media from SK-N-AS cells.
BD Horizon Brilliant™ Blue 700 (BB700) is a dye that was exclusively developed by BD Biosciences as brighter alternative to PerCP-Cy5.5. This dye also has less cross laser excitation off the 405 nm laser, resulting in less spillover into the violet channels compared to PerCP-Cy5.5. Due to similar excitation and emission properties, BD Horizon BB700 and PerCP-Cy5.5 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated with BD Horizon BB700 under optimal conditions that minimize unconjugated dye and antibody.
- This antibody was developed for use in flow cytometry.
- The production process underwent stringent testing and validation to assure that it generates a high-quality conjugate with consistent performance and specific binding activity. However, verification testing has not been performed on all conjugate lots.
- Researchers should determine the optimal concentration of this reagent for their individual applications.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/us/s/resources for technical protocols.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,110,673; 8,158,444; 8,575,303; 8,354,239.
- BD Horizon Brilliant Blue 700 is covered by one or more of the following US patents: 8,455,613 and 8,575,303.
- Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare.
For optimal and reproducible results, BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer should be used anytime two or more BD Horizon Brilliant dyes (including BD OptiBuild Brilliant reagents) are used in the same experiment. Fluorescent dye interactions may cause staining artifacts which may affect data interpretation. The BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer was designed to minimize these interactions. More information can be found in the Technical Data Sheet of the BD Horizon Brilliant Stain Buffer (Cat. No. 563794).