Alexa Fluor® 647 Mouse Anti-Plexin C1 (CD232)
Clone 544232 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name CD232; Plexin-C1; plexinC1; PLXC1; PLXN-C1; PLXNC1; VESPR
- Concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Isotype Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Reactivity Human (QC Testing) Cow (Reported)
Flow cytometry (Routinely Tested)
- Immunogen Human Plexin C1 Recombinant Protein
- Storage Buffer Aqueous buffered solution containing ≤0.09% sodium azide.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The 544232 monoclonal antibody specifically recognizes human and mouse Plexin C1 (PLXNC1) which is also known as, Virus-encoded semaphorin protein receptor (VESPR), or CD232. Plexin C1 is a ~210 kDa single-pass type I membrane glycoprotein that belongs to the C subgroup of the plexin family of proteins. It is expressed on monocytes, dendritic cells, and neutrophils, as well as, some B lymphocytes and neuronal cells. Plexin C1 binds to Semaphorin 7A (CD108) and the viral semaphorin-like protein, A39R. Plexin C1 reportedly plays a role in cellular adhesion, migration, and phagocytosis.
Alexa Fluor® 647 conjugates are highly photostable and remain fluorescent over a broad pH range. The excitation and emission maxima are nearly identical to those of APC. However, APC tends to be brighter while Alexa Fluor® 647 is more optimal for intracellular applications. This fluorochrome exhibits uncommon photostability, making it an ideal choice for use in fluorescence microscopy. Due to nearly identical excitation and emission properties but different spillover characteristics, APC and Alexa Fluor® 647 cannot be used simultaneously.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
The antibody was conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimum conditions, and unreacted Alexa Fluor® 647 was removed.
- This reagent has been pre-diluted for use at the recommended Volume per Test. We typically use 1 × 10^6 cells in a 100-µl experimental sample (a test).
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Alexa Fluor® 647 fluorochrome emission is collected at the same instrument settings as for allophycocyanin (APC).
- The Alexa Fluor®, Pacific Blue™, and Cascade Blue® dye antibody conjugates in this product are sold under license from Molecular Probes, Inc. for research use only, excluding use in combination with microarrays, or as analyte specific reagents. The Alexa Fluor® dyes (except for Alexa Fluor® 430), Pacific Blue™ dye, and Cascade Blue® dye are covered by pending and issued patents.
- Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc., Eugene, OR.
- Caution: Sodium azide yields highly toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in plumbing.
- For fluorochrome spectra and suitable instrument settings, please refer to our Multicolor Flow Cytometry web page at www.bdbiosciences.com/colors.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.