Purified NA/LE Rat Anti-Mouse IL-17A
Clone TC11-18H10 (RUO)
- Brand BD Pharmingen™
- Alternative Name IL-17; Il17; IL-17A; Il17a; CTLA-8; Ctla8; Interleukin-17A; interleukin 17A
- Concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Isotype Rat LEW, also known as Lewis IgG1, κ
- Reactivity Mouse (QC Testing)
ELISA Capture (Routinely Tested)
Intracellular staining (flow cytometry), Neutralization (Tested During Development)
- Immunogen Recombinant Mouse IL-17A Protein
- Storage Buffer No azide/low endotoxin: Aqueous buffered solution containing no preservative, 0.2µm sterile filtered. Endotoxin level is ≤0.01 EU/µg (≤0.001 ng/µg) of protein as determined by the LAL assay.
- Regulatory Status RUO
Regulatory Status Legend
The TC11-18H10 monoclonal antibody specifically binds to recombinant and natural mouse IL-17A proteins. IL-17A, also known as CTLA-8, is a T cell-derived cytokine that promotes inflammatory responses. Mouse IL-17A is a proinflammatory cytokine that can induce the release of IL-6 by mouse stromal cells. It has been shown to support the growth of hemopoietic progenitors in vitro; it can also stimulate granulopoiesis in vivo. The TC11-18H10 antibody has been reported to neutralize IL-17A activity. Recent studies have shown that IL-17A is produced by a unique subset of Th17 cells that develop along a pathway distinct from the Th1- and Th2- cell differentiation pathways. The mouse IL-17A cDNA was isolated from a cDNA library generated from TCRαβ+CD4-CD8- thymocytes.
Suggested Companion Products
Preparation and Storage
Store undiluted at 4°C.
The monoclonal antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant or ascites by affinity chromatography.
This preparation contains no preservatives, thus it should be handled under aseptic conditions.
- Since applications vary, each investigator should titrate the reagent to obtain optimal results.
- An isotype control should be used at the same concentration as the antibody of interest.
- Please refer to www.bdbiosciences.com/pharmingen/protocols for technical protocols.
ELISA: Purified TC11-18H10 antibody (Cat. No. 560268) can be useful as a capture antibody for sandwich ELISA measuring mouse IL-17A protein levels. Purified TC11-18H10 antibody can be paired with biotinylated TC11-8H4 (Cat. No. 555067) as the detector antibody, with recombinant mouse IL-17A protein as the standard. Investigators are encouraged to titrate purified TC11-18H10 from 2.0 µg/mL - 0.5 µg/mL for optimal concentration determination for ELISA capture. To obtain linear standard curves, doubling dilutions of recombinant mouse IL-17A are suggested from 2,000 - 15 pg/mL.